1. For those that might not have heard of you, can you give a short introduction?
A: I have been Djing for 7 years now during which I have been lucky enough to be part of amazing festivals like Sunburn and Supersonic and also got to share the decks with some of the biggest names in industry like Vachan Chinnappa, Engine Earz, Caspa, and the list goes on. Drum and Bass has given me a different perspective all together in terms of music.
A: I think I heard Smack my Bitch up in my college days when my friend actually introduced me to Prodigy. But I would definitely say that its is because of Vachan Chinnappa that I discovered DNB when I heard him play. The rawness in every track and I was like wow!
A: Drum and Bass scene in India is growing and I think it is the future of Dance Music. I remember when I started playing DNB back in 2011-12, there were hardly any DJs in the scene but the times have changed and a lot of people are joining this community.
A: When I Dj, I love playing on Turntables so I always prefer playing on them. My studio doesn’t have a lot of stuff, it’s just my laptop with Focusrite sound card and Monitors, thats it. I like to keep it minimal.
A: Well its a 2 track EP.
My first track DUB TRIBE involves more of harder,darker and aggressive sounds.
My second track MIXOLOGY is more on the funk side. I like having funk elements in my tracks and my sets.
Mixology by Sahil Madaan
6. What can we expect in terms of future releases and what kind of sounds are you looking to produce next?
A: Am working on a album currently which will have 5 tracks. Not restricting any one genre of music though. Its going to have electronica, Funk and DNB.
A: 1st one is Go by Chemical Brothers because of the old school elements in the track.
2nd one would be Praveen Achary’s remix of Above and Beyond we are all we need because I love the feel of the track.
3rd would be Chase & Status : No Problem because of the Vocals and the way they have arranged the track.
A: Well my best gigs I have quite a few but I would say Warehouse For Bangalore Underground Movement 2nd year Anniversary. The Vibe of the night was way beyond I expected.
A: Funniest thing would be seeing people doing MJ moves on DNB, though its kind of irritating as well.
01. Technimatic – The Unspoken
02. Sabre & Alix Perez : Solitary Native
03. Blue Motion – Meteoric Shower
04. Human Factor and Mijazzy – Live Circle
05. Loving Soul and Sunset – Love Us
06. Tokalosh – That One Time Thing
07. Marvel Cinema – Sweetest Memories
08. Intelligent Manners – Acting, Thinking, Feeling
09. David Boomah – Spread A Little Love (Rowpieces Remix)
10. Lenzman Ft. Kevin King – Starz
11. FullCasual & Disturb!a ft Kooka – Walking Slow
12. Mage – Love In The Dark Colour
13. Ted Ganung Ft. GGoodei – The Writings On The Wall (Msdos Remix)
14. Monaco – The Root Of All Evil
15. Retraflex & Ben Fawce Ft. $pyda – Apocalypse (Serum Remix)
16. Ed Solo, Elijah Mc – Ruff Neck
17. Wizard – Sign Of The Times (BladeRunner Mix)
18. Spectrasoul – Bugsy
19. Red (Feat Susie Ledge & Jakes) (Document One Remix)