2. How and when did you discover Bass music?
3. What do you feel about the Bass scene in India and what are your thoughts on its evolution so far?
4. Your style and taste of music has gone through a journey itself over the past few years. Tell us a little about the stages of the your sound evolution and where do you see it going.
A: Over the years, i have enjoyed exploring different genres of bass music – from dubstep, DnB to relatively newer ones like drumstep, glitch hop, moombahton. As a producer/DJ, i have been mostly liked pushing heavier sounds – the hard hitting and wobbly sorts, which is something i’m not feeling as much, at this stage.
In the last year or so, i have started experimenting with newer sounds in my DJ sets – some haftime hip hop influenced DnB and footwork (bits of it towards the end of my mix set). Moving ahead, i definitely see myself taking influences from these and putting them to use in studio.
5. What can we expect in terms of future releases and what kind of sounds are you looking to produce?
I’m playing around between 160-175 BPM at the moment. You can listen to one of the tracks from the upcoming EP in the mix.
6. People may still know from your earlier outfit – Mental Martians, with fellow bass-artist, Sarvesh. Now that you both have your own distinct solo profiles now as Sound Avtar and SickFlip, could we expect another collaboration between the two in the near future?
7. What according to you are the pros and cons of being a Bass artist in a country that is still coming to terms with this genre? Any word of advice for the Dj/Producers that are pursuing their dreams in the Bass genre?
The only word of advice for upcoming DJ’s and producers would be to provide the unprovided.
8. What is your studio / DJ set-up?
Tannoys Reveal 802 Monitors
Motu Ultra Lite MK3
M Audio Axiom 49
Ableton 8 / Logic 9
M-Audio X Session Pro
9. Can you list 3 tunes you are feeling right now.
2. L 33 – Badman
3. Neonlight – Bad Omen
10. What is the best gig you have played so far. In terms of Sound Systems, Venue and Crowd Response?
Vh1 Supersonic Goa After Party – Cafe Lambretta, 2015
Heavy (Curated by Grain) – Summer House Cafe, New Delhi, 2015
Sunburn NYE – Ahmedabad, 2014
Red Bull Tour Bus #OffTheRoof – Mumbai, 2014 w/ my bud DJ Sa
11. What’s the funniest / craziest thing that has ever happened to you during a gig?
12. You just found out that your last gig ever is tomorrow, what would be your closing track?
2. Substension – Hi There (Original Mix) [Invisible Recordings]
3. Sound Avtar – ID [Unreleased]
4. Tantrum Desire – Think About You (Original Mix) [Technique Recordings]
5. The Prototypes Feat Mad Hed City – Pop It Off (Original Mix) [Viper Recordings]
6. Dimension (UK) – Whip Slap (Original Mix) [MTA Records]
7. Metrik – Terminus (Original Mix) [Hospital Records]
8. Camo & Krooked – Portal (Original Mix) [Hospital Records]
9. Ekko & Sidetrack – AM PM (Original Mix) [Viper Recordings]
10. BTK & Optiv – Let It Loose (Emperor Remix) [Dutty Audio]11. L Plus – Snitch (Original Mix) [Technique Recordings]
12. Wilkinson – Direction (Original Mix) [RAM Records]
13. BMotion – Bear Hug (Original Mix) [Viper Recordings]
14. Paul T, Edward Oberon – Surrender (Original Mix) [V Recordings]
15. Machine Code – Save The World (Original Mix) [Eatbrain]
16. Smooth – Revenge (Original Mix) [Viper Recordings]
17. Chase & Status – International (Dimension Remix)
18. Fred V & Grafix – Recognise (Emperor Remix) [Hospital Records]
19. Wilkinson feat. Talay Riley – Dirty Love (TC Remix) [RAM Records]
20. June Miller – Bad Brains (Original Mix) [RAM Records]
21. Noisia & The Upbeats – Dead Limit (Original Mix) [Vision Recordings]
22. Loadstar – Under Pressure (Original Mix) [RAM Records]
23. Teddy Killerz – Endlessly (Original Mix) [RAM Records]
24. Black Sun Empire – Brainfreeze (Neonlight Remix) [Blackout Music NL]
25. Rockwell – Detroit (Original Mix) [Shogun Audio]
26. Dub Phizix feat. DRS – Do One (Original Mix) [Senka Sonic]
27. June Miller x Teddy Killerz – Wildlife (CVPELLV Remix) [RAM Records]
28. Icicle feat. Skitties – Problem (Original Mix) [Shogun Audio]
29. Bl4ck Owtz – Fake (Original Mix) [Invisible Recordings]
30. Dub Phizix feat. Ward 21 – Doberman (Original Mix) [Senka Sonic]
31. Sabre – Yoga (Alix Perez Club Mix) [Plasma Audio]
32. Adam F – Circles (Philip D Kick Edit)